[LLVMdev] Trying to set up a nightly test
jo at durchholz.org
Fri Mar 7 16:54:04 PST 2008
I thought I'd set up a nightly tester and ran across the following issues:
1) Checkout is done using https, which causes the following message:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://llvm.org:443':
- The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
- Hostname: llvm.org
- Valid: from Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:42:38 GMT until Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:42:38 GMT
- Issuer: Certification Services Division, Thawte Consulting cc, Cape Town, Western Cape, ZA
- Fingerprint: 88:06:59:b1:be:ed:96:bb:98:3d:9f:94:fd:0d:9a:d4:23:99:39:0d
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently?
The script will wait for input, however, the prompt is redirected to a log file and not visible on the terminal, so it will look as if the test process hangs.
2) I could include the povray tests since poyray is free, but not the spec2000 tests.
Current options for NewNightlyTest don't allow me to do this.
3) After checking out everything, I get this:
Changing To: Checkout directory (/home/jo/llvm-nightly-test/build)
Changing To: llvm source directory (llvm)
sed: -e expression #1, char 9: unterminated `s' command
CHANGE HISTORY ANALYSIS STAGE
Rev: 48038, Author: void, Date: 2008-03-07, Time: 23:45:15
Rev: 48041, Author: djg, Date: 2008-03-08, Time: 00:19:12
4) Further testing crashed&burned because NewNightlyTest.pl doesn't pass on -gccpath "gcc-4.2 -m32" as a single argument to ./configure.
I don't consider this a serious bug, I'll try with -gccflags/-gxxflags/-ldflags tomorrow.
5) I accidentally had the script enter my machine (named "kurier") into the nightly tester database, it seems. Please ignore any results from here.
(Hint: a -noreport flag might have prevented this.)
Hope this helps.
More information about the llvm-dev