[LLVMdev] Errors building llvm

Padraig O'Sullivan posulliv at umd.edu
Tue Jun 17 19:20:57 PDT 2008

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build LLVM on x86 Windows platform with Cygwin and get an
> error building lib/Support/APInt.cpp. I get the same errors using gcc 3.4.2
> and 3.4.4. The log is attached. Please advice. Thanks.

I encountered this issue also when building LLVM on Cygwin. I modified
/usr/include/stdint.h to change int32_t and unit32_t from long's to
int's. So the following changes were performed:

typedef long int32_t becomes typedef int int32_t
typedef unsigned long uint32_t becomes typedef unsigned int uint32_t

That fixed the error for me and LLVM compiled without issues after the change.

Padraig