[LLVMdev] Troubling promotion of return value to Integer ...

Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com Alireza.Moshtaghi at microchip.com
Tue Jun 10 14:36:29 PDT 2008

Going that route, and with 64 bit processors picking up, I'm sure soon
we will have to add two more new attributes:
sign_ext_from_i32 and zero_ext_from_i32
which makes the number of attributes 8 (i1,i8,i16,i32) rather than 4
(i8,i16)

Is this exactly what is desired? From one perspective it is good because
it doesn't require too much modification. On the other hand the way that
attributes are designed does not allow much flexibility and I'm sure in
future the same kind of discussion, but about some other attribute, will
pop up on this email list...

A.

On