[LLVMdev] SCEV Question

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Jun 10 11:19:31 PDT 2008

Is there a document describing the guts of SCEV anywhere?

I have a simple question.  When looking at a linear SCEVAddRecExpr
with a constant step recurrence (that is, getStepRecurrence returns
SCEVConstant), is the constant in terms of bytes or in terms of "index,"
in that the byte offset is calculated by taking the step and multiplying it
by the data size of any memory operation its used in.

In this case, I have a load address and I call SE.getSCEV(Addr).  That
returns the linear recurrence.

                                          -Dave