[LLVMdev] Shared libs?

Thomas Hudson hudson at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 9 09:17:46 PDT 2008

On Jun 8, 2008, at 9:36 PM, Eli Friedman wrote:

> If you'd like to elaborate on why exactly you need shared libs, you
> might get a better answer.

Because I'm writing an extension to a scripting language interpreter.
Perl/Python/Ruby all need to be able to dynamically load the library
when the user 'requires' or 'imports' the extension.

Obviously I can write a C wrapper which references LLVM and links it
as a shared object. But it might be nice to issue a warning when
someone uses the "--enable-shared" flag, or perhaps remove it if it is
not supported. Or at least put something on the web site that Google
would find. :-)

Tomy