[LLVMdev] Problems with iterator.h

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 23:32:14 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:48:09 +0200, Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
>
> > Hi Hendrik,
> >
> >>   -rw-r--r--  1 hendrik sbox  1328 2008-06-03 10:00 iterator -rw-r--r--
> >>    1 hendrik sbox  2418 2008-06-03 10:00 iterator.h.in
> > Did you run AutoGen.sh (not sure about case). I think that's needed when
> > compiling from svn, and it should generate the makefiles for building
> > iterator.h. I think.
>
> I followed the instructions in
>  http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#starting.
>
> Since then I've found the include files under the object root.
> Naturally, that's where generated files go.  The problem is now that llvm-
> config --cxxflags doesn't know about the include files under the object
> root.  Of course there's an easy workaround -- just specify an extra
> include directory on my g++ line, but it should probably get fixed in the
> SVN sources.

There is another way to resolve this, run make install, and then use the
installed llvm-config, which will include a single directory containing both
generated and regular header files. If *that* part doesn't work, please
respond or open a PR. I'll be happy to prod llvm-config until it works
correctly. However, I'm not sure trying to support all the bizarre ways
./configure and Make can build the generated files within llvm-config is a
worthwhile investment of time.

-Chandler