[LLVMdev] Status of the 2.3 release - volunteers needed.

Török Edwin edwintorok at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:59:51 PDT 2008

Tanya Lattner wrote:
> Many of you are probably wondering about the status of the 2.3
> release. Unfortunately, this release has been very difficult and the
> list of regressions very high. The list has finally dwindled down to
> the following regressions:
>
> Linux/x86:
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/CoyoteBench/fftbench [ JIT Codegen, JIT]

Increasing ulimit to 230 Mb (from 200Mb) makes fftbench/JIT pass on
mainline.
Maybe JIT should have a higher ulimit because it needs to keep the
bytecode in memory too?

> MultiSource/Applications/minisat/minisat [CBE]

CBE didn't fail for me with the prerelease package, instead JIT failed
on minisat.

Do you want me to retry with llvm 2.3 from the release branch?

> Darwin/x86:
> External/SPEC/CINT2006/403.gcc/403.gcc [CBE, but works on mainline..]
>
> Darwin/ppc:
> SingleSource/Benchmarks/CoyoteBench/fftbench [ CBE ]
> External/SPEC/CINT2006/403.gcc/403.gcc [ CBE]

Don't have a Mac, so I can't help here.

Best regards,
--Edwin