[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Wed Jul 30 15:18:35 PDT 2008

Samuel Crow wrote:
> Hi Kenneth,
>
> If the LLVM project is switching to CMake, then CTest might be the framework of choice to use rather than scripting up something in Bash.

I wouldn't care to try to defend the time overhead in rewriting the test
cases for another framework.  Thus, I'm requiring my proposed alternate
test framework to use DejaGNU test cases.  The bash scripting is simply
so that I can *use* the test cases.

Also, I'm not seeing support for platform-specific testing controlled
from within the testcase (DejaGNU feature) openly documented for CTest.
(I do not think the Dashboard approach is robust enough.)  So even if
CTest could use the existing test cases verbatim, it looks harder to
maintain.

Kenneth