[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

HyperQuantum hyperquantum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 14:54:50 PDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> I'm evaluating CMake (1) primarily as an alternative build system for
> Visual Studio users, although it can easily be a replacement for
> `configure' and hand-made makefiles too, providing a single build system
> for all platforms. CMake is a tool that takes a project description and
> configures, generates makefiles, project files for IDEs, etc as
> requested.

I've been using CMake already with LLVM for some time. I've managed to
build most of the libraries, though there are some issues left and I
haven't tested the things I don't use. I posted about it on this list
twice already but I didn't get any response.

The latest one is here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-June/015541.html

It has a patch attached, so you can use the code if it's useful.

Regards,
Kevin André