[LLVMdev] Is there room for another build system?

Makarov, Dmitri Dmitri.Makarov at amd.com
Wed Jul 30 11:35:09 PDT 2008

I too have done some work on an alternative build system for llvm.  It is based on boost.build.  Of course, it's quite a large project and I'm not ready to contribute the work yet.  Ideally I was hoping to replace all of makefile functionality with jamfiles.  Boost.build is attractive because support for new compilers/tools comes with new releases of boost.build and need not be added manually by llvm developers/users.

Since you're working on a competing build system, I'm no longer sure I want to spend time developing my build system. It would help to know what are your estimates for the availability timeframe of your build system.

Thanks,
Dmitri