[LLVMdev] Analysis Passes

Devang Patel dpatel at apple.com
Mon Jul 28 08:34:17 PDT 2008

This seems like a separate issue.

On Jul 26, 2008, at 5:56 PM, Gordon Henriksen wrote:

> I had a similar problem with the GC metadata information. Ultimately,
> I had to structure it as an ImmutablePass (with an explicit pass to
> free the contained information) because it would be invalidated by
> other passes at random.

If GC metadata information is not explicitly listed as preserved and
the GC metadata pass is not ImmutablePass the, of course, the pass
manager will consider the info not available (or dirty) as soon as the
pass manager schedules a pass that does not explicitly preserve GC
metadata. What else pass manager could do here ?

-
Devang