[LLVMdev] bugpoint with other tools

David Greene dag at cray.com
Fri Jul 11 15:32:14 PDT 2008

It seems that bugpoint (and llvmc2, etc.) is hard-wired to use gcc to do
assembling and linking.  I want to bugpoint-reduce a testcase that came
from Fortran and so I need to invoke our compiler to do at least the linking
step to get our Fortran libraries.

Is there a way to do this via bugpoint's command-line interface or do I
have to hack bugpoint's source?  I can see how I might make the GCC
class a subclass of some ReferenceCompiler class and then abstract
our compiler's interface in the same way (reimplementing ExecuteProgram
and friends.

                                                              -Dave