[LLVMdev] Refusing to store single element

Nicolas Capens nicolas at capens.net
Wed Jul 9 02:30:04 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm hitting the following assert in PredicateSimplifier.cpp:961 :

assert(!CR.isSingleElement() && "Refusing to store single element.");

If I ignore it the generated code appears correct so I'm not sure what this
assert is supposed to be for. Am I doing something wrong on my end or is
this a superfluous assert or it really indicates an LLVM bug?

The code I'm generating is fairly long but if necessary I could try to boil
it down.

Cheers,

Nicolas