[LLVMdev] addrspace attribute and intrisics

Benedict Gaster benedict.gaster at amd.com
Mon Jul 7 12:21:38 PDT 2008

I agree that if we intend that the it is always a complete barrier,
but it is possible for a more general memory fence operation that has
the ability to place a barrier on the region of memory that %ptr11
points to but in the case that it does not point to a valid address
then it is assumed to be a complete barrier for that address space. As
sum types are not directly support in LLVM, then this semantics has to
be supported with an additional argument describing which injection,
i.e. if it is a valid address or not, the type of %ptr11 is passed.

Ben