[LLVMdev] DEBUG

David Greene dag at cray.com
Mon Jul 7 10:02:35 PDT 2008

Some time ago I ran into problems with conflicts because the LLVM DEBUG macro
and macros defined by our internal software here.  I worked around it but it
is ugly.

This just came up again today.  The fundamental problem is that two pieces of
software both use the generic name "DEBUG."  This is just problems waiting
to happen.  We need some kind of namespace.

Would the LLVM community be open to changing DEBUG to something like
LLVM_DEBUG?  I am pushing to have our code be changed in a similar way.

It's just not good design to use a generic name like DEBUG that isn't
qualified by some prefix/namespace.

                                                          -Dave