[LLVMdev] Some questions about live intervals

Roman Levenstein romixlev at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 14:52:59 PST 2008

Hi David,

--- David Greene <dag at cray.com> schrieb:

> On Thursday 31 January 2008 07:05, Roman Levenstein wrote:
>
> > I already started work on the implementation of this algorithm and
> have
> > a few hopefully rather simple questions:
>
> Roman,
>
> I'm excited to hear that you are working on this algorithm.  Do you
> plan to contribute it to the public llvm repository?

Yes. I plan to contribute it to the public LLVM repository. The
skeleton implementation of this algorithm is alsmost done, though I
still have some small problems mentioned in my original email. But to
make the algorithm really usable, it should be extended to support
register classes, since Sarkar's algorithm cannot handle it. I'm going
to try out an approach based on Smith's paper about graph coloring
register allocation. Hopefully this would solve this issue.

- Roman

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go