[LLVMdev] Test Results

Dale Johannesen dalej at apple.com
Sat Jan 26 09:54:31 PST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:43 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Bill Wendling wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention. It's a PPC PowerBook G4 running Mac OS X
>> 10.4.11.
>>
>> -bw
>
> OK, ppc32 EH used to work better than this (although I haven't tried
> it on 10.4).  I'll have a look.

I've confirmed that it still works on 10.5.  I was less successful
than you on 10.4:

[dalejos-powerbook-g4-15:/Volumes/Data/tests] dalejo% /llvm-gcc4.2-2.2-
ppc-darwin8.11.0/bin/llvm-g++  ctor1.C
/usr/bin/ld: unknown flag: -macosx_version_min
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is a ppc32 machine running 10.4.11, but does not have a recent
tools release installed on it.  What's the prerequisite here?

I think the problem with EH is that you're getting the unwinding
library that was built as part of the llvm-gcc build.  That one will
not work.  We want to pick up that library from a gcc build (or it may
work just to remove the one that's there, if we require some other
tools be installed).  It seems to use libgcc_s.10.[45].dylib on 10.5
and libgcc_s.dylib on 10.4.  But it may be that 4.0 vs 4.2 is another
variable, I'm not in a position to test all combinations.

I've used llvm-gcc to compile as far as a .o, then used g++ to link,
and that works.  So I think this is the problem.