[LLVMdev] 2.2 Prerelease available for testing

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Thu Jan 24 10:58:35 PST 2008

LLVMers,

The 2.2 prerelease is now available for testing:
http://llvm.org/prereleases/2.2/

If anyone can help test this release, I ask that you do the following:

1) Build llvm and llvm-gcc (or use a binary). You may build release
    (default) or debug. You may pick llvm-gcc-4.0, llvm-gcc-4.2, or both.
2) Run 'make check'.
3) In llvm-test, run 'make TEST=nightly report'.
4) When submitting your testing results to the list, please include:
 	- Target
 	- How you built the release (objDir = srcDir? Release? Debug?
           llvm-gcc binary?)
 	- Which llvm-gcc you used.
 	- make check results (either final totals or log file)
 	- llvm-test results (report.nightly.txt)

All prerelease testing must be completed by Feb 1, 2008.

The release has been delayed by one week, and I have updated the schedule
on the main page. Here is the new schedule:
* Jan 24, 2008: First round of pre-release testing begins.
* Feb 1, 2008: Pre-release testing ends.
* Feb 3, 2008: Second round of pre-release testing begins.
* Feb 10, 2008: Pre-release testing ends.
* Feb 11, 2008: 2.2 released.

Thanks,
Tanya Lattner