[LLVMdev] HOWTO on LLVM with ....

Kelly Wilson wilsonkk at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 10 02:23:09 PST 2008

Hey Ted,

I managed to get LLVM and clang to compile and run on Nexenta
(OpenSolaris with GNU tools). llvm-gcc was a pain and I didn't have time
to set up a proper config/build process for it. Check here:

http://www.nabble.com/LLVM-builds-on-x86-64-Solaris-td13844820.html

I sent Chris Lattner a patch file with a few dozen changes for
clang/LLVM a few weeks back. I don't think they made it into the code
base yet, but there isn't much demand for LLVM on OpenSolaris ;)

I could send you the patch file if you really need it, or maybe Chris
still has it. Clang won't generate code for much right now and llvm-gcc
isn't easy to get running, but it can be done.

Anyways, if it can be done on Nexenta, I imagine it can be done for
OpenSolaris Dev Express.

Thanks,
K.Wilson