[LLVMdev] How to deal with phi-nodes

Seung Jae Lee lee225 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 4 17:06:02 PST 2008

Hi, LLVMers.

I am trying to restore the original HL code from LLVM IR (kinda reverse engineering).
However, I have no good idea about how to handle PHI nodes. It is quite tricky for me to deal with the PHI nodes in LLVM IR in order to restore the original-like code. I read some reverse engineering thesis but they are a little bit old so don't handle SSA form.

Could you shed some lights on me how I can give it a shot?
It also should be greatly appreciated if you can introduce some references about that.

Thanks,
Seung