[LLVMdev] Utilizing gperf for TableGen

Wilhansen Li willi.t1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 06:57:52 PST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Chris Lattner wrote:
>This should be fixed now, please verify, thanks!
>
>-Chris

The newer code that TableGen produces is indeed lower however, MSVC
still throws the same error messages (and moreover, I don't think
they're fixing it anytime soon.. I'll try to re-open this issue to
them). Also, it seems that the new code produces an extraneous "if
(0);" statement before each of the else-if chains. Normally, compilers
would (and should) just optimize them away but it still counts agains
MSVC's ``nesting limit''.
--
Life is too short for dial-up.