[LLVMdev] Slight troubles following "Getting Started" instructions

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Feb 27 09:46:05 PST 2008

> Tanya, I'm not arguing that the documentation sucks or is incorrect or
> whatnot. I'm simply suggesting that there may be a better way to structure
> the documentation for people with specific purposes. At the end of the day,
> as with all suggestions, if you don't like it, just use the Microsoft
> time-honored response, "Thank you for your feedback", and toss it in the
> round file. But I do remember trying to get started with this and facing a
> lot of these same questions, so I'm offering this up merely as a
> counterpoint to what I perceive to be the implied response of "The
> documentation is fine, you just didn't read it right".

Ted, thanks for your feedback.

Just kidding. ;)

I was not saying our documentation was totally fine. I simply was saying
that I felt that the getting started quickly section was a simple as you
could get and be able to generate a bitcode file. I do think our
documenation needs a serious overhaul in general, but those two sections I
pointed out were pretty easily to follow in my opinion. However, I
appreciate you pointing out another viewpoint and I do agree with many of
your suggestions. I hope to encorporate this into our documentation soon.

Thanks,
Tanya