[LLVMdev] What llvm tool will llvm-gcc call in each phase?

Guang-Yuan.Wang saladjonk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:57:51 PST 2008

Dear all,

  I have installed llvm-gcc and llvm-2.2 successfully, now I have been
puzzled.

  Suppose I have a file test.c, If i use

  llvm-gcc -o test.out test.c

  then what llvm tool will llvm-gcc call in each step?

  if I use llvm-gcc -O2 -o test.out test.c

  then the argument '-O2' will be pass to opt? that is all the
optimization is done by opt or llvm will benefit some optimization from
gcc?

  I have try to grep "llc" etc in llvm-gcc source code but have find
nothing.

Thanks.
--
I am young,so my heart is full of dream