[LLVMdev] Passing parameters to LLVM optimisation passes

Ian Jason we.are.root at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:04:45 PST 2008

I'm fairly new to LLVM, and am writing an optimisation pass to be run by
'opt'.  However, i'd like this pass to be parameterisable; as such i'd like
to be able to pass an option to it (preferably via the command line to
'opt').

e.g. so i can do something like this "opt -load mypass.so
-MyPass=MyPassOption < inputfile.bc ..."

(for example one thing I would like to do is pass a list of function names
to optimise, the pass would then optimise these (and their children) and
ignore everything else)

I've had a trawl through the documentation but can't seem to see a way of
doing this within the pass framework.  I may be missing something.  Is it
possible?  If so, could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ian