[LLVMdev] LLVM test fails with "gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file or directory"

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Wed Feb 27 00:45:32 PST 2008

Am Dienstag, den 26.02.2008, 21:38 -0500 schrieb Benjamin Smedberg:
> You don't have i386 and x86-64 devel packages installed. Ask your package
> manager what package provies stubs-64.h... or --disable-multilib

Yup, that was it. Due to the magic of apt-file, I was able to determine
that stubs-32.h lives in the libc6-dev-i386 package.
Actually multilib support seems to be a requirement, installing
libc6-dev-i386 requires it. I'll see what ramifications will arise.

There were a few other packages missing; for example, the Debian folks
split GCC into a gcc and a g++ package (for good reasons actually).
I'm in the process of collecting the list of extra packages to install
on a Debian-based distro. I'll publish once it's reasonably stable so
that it can be included in the Getting Started Guide.

Regards,
Jo