[LLVMdev] cross compiling with the C backend

Kevin André kevin.andre at student.ua.ac.be
Tue Feb 26 08:49:23 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Bruno Cardoso Lopes
<bruno.cardoso at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What could solve this problem? Do I have to configure llvm-gcc as a
>  > cross compiler? MIPS might be a better candidate than the 'i686' from
>  > the native configuration. Or could it be simply a bug in llvm-gcc or
>  > LLVM?
>
>  Btw, cross-compiling llvm-gcc for Mips wont work since the support in
>  llvm-gcc isnt
>  ready yet!

What is still missing then? I am going to have to modify llvm-gcc as I
don't have other options. Could you tell me where to start? And can I
use llvm-gcc from the 2.2 release or should I use a more recent (svn)
version?

>  > Another option could be to add real support for the PSP to LLVM,
>  > though I'm not sure if I'll be able to accomplish that.
>
>  That would be nice, any improvements to the Mips backend are welcome! =)

I would be happy to help. The only MIPS machine I have is the PSP though.

Regards,
Kevin André