[LLVMdev] new LTO C interface

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Feb 25 11:49:47 PST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008, Evan Cheng wrote:
>> lto_ interface and it would just work with the linker.  Therefore,
>> although this implementation is llvm specific, the interface is not.
>
> Ok, that makes sense. Ignore my comments about naming convention, etc.
> then. However, does this mean the interface should not be part of llvm
> if it's truly compiler neutral?

The goal is for it to be compiler neutral, but since LLVM is the only
compiler that supports it, it is mostly a theoretical exercise.  When the
second compiler comes along that wants to support LTO, we can figure out
where it should live.  Until then, living in the LLVM repo makes sense to
me,

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/