[LLVMdev] LLVM Win32 Issue

Aaron Dwyer llvmification at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:24:09 PST 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to bring an LLVM-based project that is working on Linux up
on Win32.  I am having problems with llvm::ExecutionEngine::create
returning a NULL.  I traced it to these lines:

  // Unless the interpreter was explicitly selected, try making a JIT.
  if (!ForceInterpreter && JITCtor)
    EE = JITCtor(MP, ErrorStr);

  // If we can't make a JIT, make an interpreter instead.
  if (EE == 0 && InterpCtor)
    EE = InterpCtor(MP, ErrorStr);

JITCtor and InterpCtor are both NULL, so it's obvious why I'm getting
back a NULL execution engine.  I am pretty sure it's because I'm
missing a few llvm .lib or .obj files.  What is the set of llvm object
files needed at link time for Win32 on X86 JIT?

Thanks very much for any help,

Aaron