[LLVMdev] llvm.atomic.barrier implementation

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Fri Feb 15 14:44:45 PST 2008

On 2/15/08, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hopefully someone can chime in on appropriateness of the DAG and target
>  implementations. One question: is "wmb" not actually useful on Alpha? My
>  reading of docs had indicated it provided store-store memory barrier
>  functionality, but I'm far from an expert on the architecture.

wmb is probably useful and can be added should someone really want it
fairly easily, but since alpha isn't much used, I don't mind being
overly conservative there.  The bigger problem is the pre-SSE2 x86
version.

>  Again, glad to see some work on this, and glad you had some time!

We have similar extensions sitting around for some research projects
and I wanted to reduce our code base :)

Andrew