[LLVMdev] Question on link error

Ted Neward ted at tedneward.com
Thu Feb 14 18:54:39 PST 2008

So I’ve built llvm-2.2 using Cygwin, and I think I’ve got all the right bits
in the right places, but I’m getting a strange error when running through
the hello.c examples from the Web site:

Ted at XPLanguages /cygdrive/c/Projects/Exploration/llvm

$ gcc hello.s -o hello.native

Ted at XPLanguages /cygdrive/c/Projects/Exploration/llvm

$ ls

hello.bc  hello.c*  hello.exe*  hello.native*  hello.s

Ted at XPLanguages /cygdrive/c/Projects/Exploration/llvm

$ ./hello.native

hello world

Ted at XPLanguages /cygdrive/c/Projects/Exploration/llvm

$ lli hello.bc

ERROR: Program used external function '__main' which could not be resolved!

Aborted

Is there something Really Really Simple (TM) that I’m missing here? AFAIK,
__main is supposed to be inside hello.bc, so why can’t lli find it?

Ted Neward

Java, .NET, XML Services

Consulting, Teaching, Speaking, Writing

HYPERLINK "http://www.tedneward.com"http://www.tedneward.com