[LLVMdev] Some blogged LLVM experience.

Michael T. Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 18:16:58 PST 2008

http://snakeratpig.blogspot.com/2008/02/alternative-compiler-suites.html

Executive summary:  LLVM-GCC was consistently faster and its output
consistently faster than plain old GCC when compiling and using Ruby
1.9.  Both compilers failed spectacularly on the full regression suite,
but GCC lasted longer and did more tests before exploding.

If I could find a comprehensive Erlang testing suite, I'd blog those
results as well.  I have been using LLVMed Erlang for two months now,
however, with no ill effects noted and a "feel" that it is snappier.

Good work.  LLVM rocks.

--
Michael T. Richter <ttmrichter at gmail.com> (GoogleTalk:
ttmrichter at gmail.com)