[LLVMdev] Instrumenting virtual function calls

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Tue Feb 12 19:11:02 PST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:
> After hacking away at it for a bit, it looks like the mystery
> function is actually a stub function.

You know, I had this lengthy email written to cover all the details
and I decided not to send it as I wasn't sure if that was what you
were hitting a stub and I didn't want to confuse the issue if it
wasn't due to stubs...

:-(

Oh well...

> Is there any way to do the round trip for a stub function?

Not that I know of.  I think you're down to template checking (check
the whole thing for strict equality please).

> Two  possible solutions come to mind:
> 	1) Modify getGlobalValueAtAddress to work for pointers to stub
> functions

I think I like this better.  I think others might want to, need to do
this same thing and I suspect they don't want to learn and they'll
appreciate it just working.