[LLVMdev] Working on getting MingW32/native tools-only source build up

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Thu Feb 7 13:50:55 PST 2008

Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> Hello, Kenneth
>

>> Libraries weren't being linked in;
>>
> This means, that generation of llvm-config for you is broken. I really

Actually, the minimal change set to get this working is:
* tools/llvm-config/llvm-config.in.in (so the system can find the libraries)
** if the $PWD approach fails, fallover to Cwd module's abspath
* utils/GenLibDeps.pl (so the system links in the extra libraries beyond
what is specified in the makefiles)
** if the extended pipe filtering fails, fallover to doing the
sed/sort/uniq work in Perl directly.

I can provide patches for either of these if there's interest.
> suggest to use perl from msys-DTK, not ActivePerl.

Yes, but ActivePerl's distribution is historically the normal one for
Windows (and is by far the easiest one on Windows to install
Crypt::SSLeay for; this pretty much dictates which one I normally use.).

Best Regards,
Kenneth Boyd