[LLVMdev] strange visibility error when compiling llvm-gcc-4.2

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Thu Feb 7 03:19:57 PST 2008

>> I'd suggest using --enable-languages=c,c++
>
> GOMP was ok (w/o any warnings) for me for ages.

Whatever the error was, it's now gone.

Just some sidenotes:

a) I used --enable-languages=c,c++

b) In llvm-gcc-4.2/Makefile.def you can see this

  target_modules = { module= libgomp; lib_path=.libs; };

and this

  // Target libraries installed under gcc need to be installed before gcc
  dependencies = { module=install-target-libssp; on=install-gcc; };
  dependencies = { module=install-target-libgomp; on=install-gcc; };

I read this lines that libgomp always get's compiled.
So it has nothing to to do with the
--enable-languages thingy at all.