[LLVMdev] Question to Chris

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Sat Feb 2 10:03:13 PST 2008

Ok, here are a few suggestions and comments:

1) LLVM has the capabilities to do everything that you are trying to
re-implement.
2) Have you looked at the C backend? It recreates loops. It may not
create "for" loops but you can hack on it to do that.
3) The way you are converting out of SSA is wrong. You will suffer
from lost copies. You should look at using demotePHI(). see include/
llvm/Transforms/Utils/Local.h
4) LLVM will  compute your trip counts for you, use LoopInfo. You
need to be in SSA form to do this.

-Tanya