[LLVMdev] [Patch] Adding unit tests to LLVM

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:43:12 PST 2008

2008/12/29 Talin <viridia at gmail.com>

> I'm working on an update to the patch. The only thing holding me up is
> trying to come to a final decision as to where all the various pieces should
> live. Specifically, the Google Test library, and the actual unit tests
> themselves.

I would recommend putting Google Test in llvm/test/googletest .  The
unittests should probably go in llvm/test with other tests, in the same
directories, e.g., tests of the various analysis algorithms would live in
llvm/test/Analysis, 1 file per analysis, unless folks think they should go
further into the tree: llvm/test/Analysis/Andersens/, etc., but I think it
would be cleaner and easier if the files for a single library were in the
same directory, as we would be able to create a single unittest from all of
them, to speed up the build/link/test cycle.

Thoughts?