[LLVMdev] Enhancing the Trident compiler

Misha Brukman brukman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 07:34:49 PST 2008

2008/12/29 Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at mac.com>

> Is there a link I can use to find out the differences between LLVM-1.5
> and LLVM-2.4, to come up with a migration strategy?
>
> I need links to docs that will teach me how LLVM-15 and LLVM-2.4
> operates, to understand and perform this task. :-)

To my knowledge, there isn't a single doc describing the differences between
any two non-consecutive versions, but every release has a file called
ReleaseNotes.html that describes what has changed since the previous
version.

The largest change as far as IR is concerned happened from 1.9 -> 2.0:
http://llvm.org/releases/2.0/docs/ReleaseNotes.html .  You can get the
release notes for the other versions without downloading the entire
distributions here: http://llvm.org/releases/ .

Misha