[LLVMdev] problem running llvm-gcc from LLVM 4.2 binary download for Mingw

Bob Frankel bios.bob.frankel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:28:39 PST 2008

hi anton,

found the problem -- the example in the getting started guide showed...

% llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello

which, of course, requires the standard 'ld' command -- which, it turns out, was the 'file not found'

but then, this worked....

% llvm-gcc -O3 -emit-llvm hello.c -c -o hello.bc

so i'm fine (for now)....

when i get a little further down the road in investigating llvm for my own needs, i'm sure i'll have further questions.

thanks again.