[LLVMdev] MicroBlaze Backend

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Dec 23 09:27:26 PST 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Wesley Peck wrote:

> I have been working on a LLVM backend for the MicroBlaze (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MicroBlaze
> ) soft-processor. At this point the backend is partially functional
> but by no means complete. I was curious as to wether the LLVM
> developers would prefer to merge the backend into the main tree now
> and then accept patches on the backend until it was fully functional
> or if they prefer to wait on merging the MicroBlaze backend until it
> was fully functional.
>
> If interested, you can view source to the MicroBlaze backend here: http://git.wesleypeck.com/projects/llvm/repos/peckw/trees/master/lib/Target/MicroBlaze

Hi Westley,

As long as you are committed to maintaining it, I don't see a problem
with merging it into the main tree.  I haven't looked at the code, but
it will need the follow the normal coding standards, have some
testcases, etc before it goes in.  It does not need to be 100%
complete though.

Many people are on vacation right now, but the first step is to post
your patch and get the code reviewed.

-Chris