[LLVMdev] anybody working on ARM Cortex support?

Sandeep Patel deeppatel1987 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:43:42 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Evan Cheng <evan.cheng at apple.com> wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2008, at 7:05 PM, Sandeep Patel wrote:
>
>> Since there have been no answers, I will have to start at the
>> beginning.
>>
>> One of the first changes I'd like to try is adding the additional
>> registers and the AAPCS VFP variant calling conventions. Is there a
>> reason why the ARM Target isn't using the CCState machinery?
>
> Please clarify. I am not sure what you mean by CCState machinery.

The ARM Target doesn't use the class CCState. For example,
CCState.AnalyzeCallOperands, CCState.AnalyzeCallReturn,
CCState.AnalyzeReturn, etc. There is no ARMCallingConv.td as there is
for other targets. All calling convention decisions are made manually.

If there is no reason not to, it might simplify adding the AAPCS
Standard Variants like AAPCS-AFP, etc. since they'll be defined with
TableGen and therefore more readily extended.