[LLVMdev] Unwinds gone missing

Nicolas Geoffray nicolas.geoffray at lip6.fr
Fri Dec 19 00:21:51 PST 2008

Hi Talin,

Talin wrote:
> After much delay, I have finally reached the point in my work where I
> need to implement some kind of exception handling. I understand that
> "unwind" is currently unimplemented and will remain so for the
> forseeable future.
>
> In the mean time, are there any examples available for implementing Java
> or Python-style exceptions using __cxa_throw or something similar? I've
> read and re-read the various docs on exception handling and I'm not
> attaining understanding.

VMKit's your friend! Unfortunately, there's no documentation. Note that
the unwinding part is done by libgcc, like llvm-gcc.
Also, VMKit uses the same scheme than llvm-gcc for exceptions, so I'm
not sure what more info you need apart from the docs and what llvm-gcc
provides. The dwarf output makes it all work magically :)

Nicolas