[LLVMdev] AutoRegen.sh bug

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen danchr at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:17:09 PST 2008

On 17 Dec 2008, at 13:41, Libor Spacek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am just starting a new project. I found that the above script
> rejects
> Autoconf versions later than 2.59, whereas it ought to accept them,
> imho.
> I had to edit the scrip to be able to use it with Autoconf 2.61.

In your own project, modifying AutoRegen.sh to check for your
preferred version ought to be safe. Fixing any warnings you get is
recommended.

Unless you require configuration checks beyond those done for LLVM,
you might want to consider a setup similar to Clang: Place your code
in a subdirectory of ‘tools’, edit the Makefile there to include
your code, and compile it as part of LLVM.

> Also, aclocal gave the following warning:
>
> /usr/share/aclocal/oaf.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_OAF
> /usr/share/aclocal/oaf.m4:4:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> /usr/share/aclocal/oaf.m4:4:   or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
>
> Does this require any action?

As Anton Korobeynikov indicated, this seems to be a bug in your
installation of either Automake or the program program providing the
‘oaf.m4’ file.

For what it's worth, I plan on submitting some changes to the build
system shortly, and I intend the first patch to be upgrading the
required versions of Autoconf and Automake.

--

Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen, stud. scient.
danchr at gmail.com