[LLVMdev] [PATH] Add sub.ovf/mul.ovf intrinsics

Zoltan Varga vargaz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 06:11:12 PST 2008

Hi,

  Here is the next iteration of the patch. The only comment not
addressed is this one:

> It would be better to implement a target-independent check for
> overflow for the "Legal" case (like how SADDO does). Hacker's > Delight
> has some hints on how to do this. It's not easy for the signed case,
> but is do-able.

It can be lowered to a division + a branch, so it would be
inefficient, plus it would
be a lot of work to implement it correctly (for me at least).

I was subscribed to llvmdev in 'digest' mode, so the reply might not
be correctly
handled by mailers. Sorry about that.

                          Zoltan