[LLVMdev] Build errors on trunk for about a week now.

OvermindDL1 overminddl1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 12:52:00 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 12:45 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 6:38 AM, Cédric Venet <cedric.venet at laposte.net> wrote:
>> should be fixed with r60590 (work for me)
>
> That seems to have fixed a large amount of those errors (nicely simple
> fix).  I went ahead and termserved into my dev box (I will not be able
> to get to it for another day or so) and told svn to update, and cmake
> to make into a new directory, and build it, but it is still getting
> errors.  I will just post the error section and a couple surrounding
> lines.
>
> While building "LLVMSupport":
> Annotation.cpp
> f:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\xtree(1174) :
> error C3848: expression having type 'const
> `anonymous-namespace'::StrCmp' would lose some const-volatile
> qualifiers in order to call 'bool
> `anonymous-namespace'::StrCmp::operator ()(const char *,const char *)'
>        f:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 8\VC\include\xtree(1169) : while compiling class template member
> function 'std::_Tree_nod<_Traits>::_Node
> *std::_Tree<_Traits>::_Lbound(const char *const &) const'
>        with
>        [
>            _Traits=std::_Tmap_traits<const char *,unsigned
> int,`anonymous-namespace'::StrCmp,std::allocator<std::pair<const char
> *const ,unsigned int>>,false>
>        ]
>        f:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\map(82)
> : see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Tree<_Traits>'
> being compiled
>        with
>        [
>            _Traits=std::_Tmap_traits<const char *,unsigned
> int,`anonymous-namespace'::StrCmp,std::allocator<std::pair<const char
> *const ,unsigned int>>,false>
>        ]
>        ..\..\..\trunk\lib\Support\Annotation.cpp(67) : see reference
> to class template instantiation 'std::map<_Kty,_Ty,_Pr>' being
> compiled
>        with
>        [
>            _Kty=const char *,
>            _Ty=unsigned int,
>            _Pr=`anonymous-namespace'::StrCmp
>        ]
> Allocator.cpp
> APSInt.cpp
>
> I cannot really look at it well since the termserv connection is
> effectively less then modem speed, but I looked at Annotation.cpp from
> the svn (also not fun, downloading at ~400bytes a second), but from a
> quick look-see, I would bet that on line 34, changing:
>    bool operator()(const char *a, const char *b) {
> To:
>    bool operator()(const char *a, const char *b) const {
> Will fix that error.  Which makes sense, all functor adapters for the
> STL things like map are supposed to be const qualified anyway.  Yes, I
> have encountered that error before, yes that was the exact type of fix
> that fixed it any time I have ever encountered it.

> [...]

Yep, it looks like it was broken on 60174 from my perusing (which was
a fix to ).  Once I fixed that const as stated above and told it to
compile again, no errors with the library.  There is still one more
error though when trying to build "debug bugpoint", a missing external
for basic_string, no biggie, probably just need to rebuild in full,
will try later.

Still tons of warnings, lots of "type seen as struct, now as class"
and vice-versa errors and so forth.   As stated, if I get some time
soon I may try to go through all of those and just clean up a lot of
those little warnings that really should not exist anyway (I like
warning-less builds...).