[LLVMdev] 32bit math being promoted to 64 bit

Villmow, Micah Micah.Villmow at amd.com
Thu Dec 4 10:29:55 PST 2008

I've attached the original ll file and the result of doing

llvm-as < test_fc_27.ll | opt -std-compile-opts > test_fc_27-opt.bc

llvm-dis test_fc_27-opt.bc

This is very problematic as 64 bit integer operations are software
emulated and I would rather not have them generated unless explicitly
requested by the programmer.