[LLVMdev] Correct way of JITing multiple modules?

David Chisnall csdavec at swansea.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 07:54:55 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to work out the correct way of JITing multiple modules.
My original approach was to create a new ExecutionEngine for each
Module, however this generates an assert failure.  If I create a new
ModuleProvider for each new Module and then add this to a single
ExecutionEngine then I have a problem with static constructors not
being run.  With a single module, I can call
runStaticConstructorsDestructors().  With the second one, neither
ommitting this nor calling it a second time appears to work (I don't
think either of these is exactly correct, since I don't want to run
the static constructors on pre-existing modules twice, I just want
static ctors to run in the new module).

Can anyone advise?

David