[LLVMdev] LLVM 2.3 available as a VMware appliance

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 29 12:42:00 PDT 2008

Seung Jae Lee wrote:
> Hi! Bernardo,
>
> I'm really interested in using that one.
> Where I can download it from?

Just to add my two cents to this: I think having a virtual appliance
available would be a good thing. I've helped guide several class
projects that use LLVM here at Illinois, and often I've had students
install a Linux appliance and then install LLVM on it to do their work
(since many students run Windows on their laptops). Having a pre-made
VMWare appliance with LLVM would help such students get to the meat of
their project faster.

I think my only concern would be bandwidth. How big is this virtual
appliance, and could making it available greatly increase the network
traffic to llvm.org?

-- John T.