[LLVMdev] Call Graph Analysis

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 14:36:32 PDT 2008

On Aug 22, 2008, at 2:06 PM, kapil anand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not making this application part of LLVM library although I do
> link the libLLVMipa library ( actually I am using llvm-config --libs
> all option in the Makefile which links all the libraries).
>
> Is it necessary to make it part of LLVM library?

It's probably not necessary, but keep in mind that linkers will throw
away symbols that it doesn't think are used. Make sure that you're
doing the linking correctly. I'm not very familiar with the "llvm-
config" tool, so I can't really say what's going on here. Just use
"nm" and other tools to see where these symbols are used/defined and
make sure that you're doing the "right thing".

-bw