[LLVMdev] Please help with LLVM C++ integration

kirill havok 666khronos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:24:01 PDT 2008

Many thanks to all, I really forgot to link with X86TargetMachine.obj
file (((((, now this code works perfect. )))))
Sincerely, Kirill

int some_test_func( int ){
	std::cout << "!!!!" << std::endl;
	return 8848;
}

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]){

	Module *M = new Module("test");
	ExistingModuleProvider* MP = new ExistingModuleProvider(M);
	ExecutionEngine* EE = ExecutionEngine::create(MP, false);

	std::vector<const Type *> func_args;
	func_args.push_back(Type::Int32Ty);
	FunctionType * func_type = FunctionType::get(Type::Int32Ty, func_args, false);
	Function * my_function = Function::Create( func_type,
Function::ExternalLinkage, "some_test_func", M );
	EE->addGlobalMapping( my_function, (void*)&some_test_func );

	Function *FooF = cast<Function>(M->getOrInsertFunction("foo",
Type::Int32Ty, (Type *)0));
	BasicBlock * BB = BasicBlock::Create("EntryBlock", FooF);
	Value *Ten = ConstantInt::get(Type::Int32Ty, 10);
	CallInst *Add1CallRes = CallInst::Create(my_function, Ten,
"some_test_func", BB);
	Add1CallRes->setTailCall(true);

	ReturnInst::Create(Add1CallRes, BB);

	std::cout << "We just constructed this LLVM module:\n\n" << *M;
	std::cout << "\n\nRunning foo: " << std::flush;

	std::vector<GenericValue> noargs;
	GenericValue gv = EE->runFunction(FooF, noargs);

	std::cout << "Result: " << gv.IntVal.toStringUnsigned(10) << "\n";
	return 0;
}