[LLVMdev] Which linux distribution required the least effort to install LLVM 2.3?

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Fri Aug 15 18:08:50 PDT 2008

Bernardo Elayda wrote:
> I want to start using the LLVM System v2.3.  However, I don't want to
> spend all my time hunting, pecking, downgrading, and/or upgrading
> packages to get LLVM v2.3 running.  I was wondering which Linux
> distrubutions(FC7, Ubuntu, NetBSD, etc) have required the least effort
> out of the box to start running LLVM v2.3.

openSUSE 10.3 over here (both x86-32 and -64), LLVM compiles out of the
box. (Needs Cyrille Berger's patch to enable putting LLVM into a shared
library, though; this might be in svn in the meantime, I haven't checked.)

There's an LLVM RPM for various openSUSE versions including the latest
(11.0) available from Packman (right now still at LLVM 2.2, but I guess
that the package maintainer, Toni Graffy, will soon update it to 2.3).
See http://packman.links2linux.de/package/llvm

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag